Are you gearing up for your Supercar Track Xperience at GingerMan Raceway?
GingerMan Raceway is a road course located east of the town of South Haven, Michigan. This road course is just under 2 miles long, and is well balanced between the number of straights and turns. With a 1400 foot straight at GingerMan, you’ll have plenty of time to feel the top range of our supercars’ gears as you reach triple digit speeds!
Although there are several technical turns that will challenge you from start to finish, GingerMan is one of the safest tracks you can visit as an amateur or first time driver. What does that mean for our experienced drivers? You’ll have an opportunity to sharpen those skills behind the wheel of the world’s greatest supercars! Now who’s ready to GET FAST at Gingerman?!
How to speed your way from the parking lot through the finish line.
(click titles for descriptions)
GingerMan is located at: 61414 Country Rd 388, South Haven, MI 49090
Your reserved time is your Xtreme Xperience check-in time. Please be at our check-in tent at the time you reserved, and have your driver’s license out and ready. Keep in mind that GingerMan Raceway (South Haven, MI) is in the Eastern timezone.
Most tracks require you to sign a general track waiver at the entrance gate, please budget 15 mins for yourself to sign and park.
FREE Spectator viewing is available along the fence line at GingerMan, and there is a small set of bleacher seating around “turn 2” (5 min walk from the Pit). There are no observation decks or major grandstands.
Any XX branded area after check-in is considered the “Pit” area and you will need a spectator pass.
VIP Pit Pass access ($10 per adult) provides closer spectator viewing in the pit area. Tented seating, close photo opportunities, and waters are included in the Pit Pass, but cannot be promised for free spectator areas. Kids 10 and under are FREE.
As our program is always evolving and safety is always strengthening, it is required that every driver (no matter how many times you have enjoyed our program) attend the driver’s briefing. No exceptions.
*As long as there is room for all drivers to sit, friends and family are welcome in class. Please respect that this class is for the safety of the drivers, and while we encourage a family-friendly atmosphere Drivers MUST be able to both see and hear the instructor presentation. Please give up your seats for drivers, silence phones, and take noisy children out of the classroom area. We appreciate your cooperation.
Drivers must wear closed-toed shoes (no sandals or heels). This event is outdoors (no covered pit). Though we provide tented areas we ALWAYS encourage that you dress for weather possibilities (heat, cold, or rain).
GingerMan has a small concession area for lunches, possibly cash only. Caveats: It’s not directly next to the Pit area; a short walk of 5-8 mins. Also, we are unsure of the open & close times.
For your comfort you are more than welcome to bring your own food and beverages. We provide waters to participants and Pit Pass holders, but bringing additional beverages and food is allowed.
We are a rain or shine experience so on average, our experiences are not postponed and refunds are not provided due to inclement weather (as long as track conditions remain safe). A day-of reschedule request is a $100 fee, unless we have postponed.
If we postpone an event you will be alerted via Email and we have up to 12 months to provide a reschedule date at a track location close to you. Please visit our FAQ for more information on postponements or cancellations.
Conquering GingerMan Raceway – like a Pro
GingerMan is our Chief Instructor, Brad Pine’s, home track. So we tapped Brad to give you a full run-down on what it will take to drive this track, just like he would. FAST AND SMOOTH!
It’s one of the most beginner-friendly road courses in the United States with an excellent safety record. Its 11 corners reward smoothness and looking ahead. GingerMan, named after owner Dan Schnitta’s Chicago tavern, was famed designer Alan Wilson’s first track. It opened in May, 1996 and was resurfaced just a week prior to the Xtreme Xperience event in June 2015.
- Deeper than you think into Turn 3. Most drivers new to GingerMan turn to early into Turn 3. Go straight, under braking, just a bit longer before turning in toward the yellow cone and the apex for Turn 3. That will keep you pointed down the track, and not off toward the grass.
- Next to the Apex Cone at ‘the Kink’ – Turn 4. Be right at the left track edge at Turn 4, the “Kink” to be sure you don’t run out of track. Drive right next to the left curb and put the green apex cone next to your shoulder as you pass.
- Point and Shoot into Turns 5 and Turn 6. Drive right next to the green apex cone going into Turn 5, drive straight to the orange turn-in cone at track edge at right, then turn sharply toward the green apex cone at Turn 6.
- Take your time getting over. When leaving Turn 6 and leaving Turn 11, you’ve got to get to the other side of the track. Don’t be in a hurry, do it slowly to allow the car to gently get to the other side. The straighter you go, the faster you’ll be.
- Dance the car. Don’t go too fast into Turn 8. Keep a steady foot for maintenance throttle through Turns 8 and 9. Slow hands turn the wheel as you dance from turning right into Turn 8, then left into Turn 9.
- Brake early and hard. The fastest part of GingerMan is at the end of the ‘back straight’ going into Turn 11. Brake early and hard here, so you’ll be OFF the brakes when it’s time to turn.
- Look ahead and find the white box. Leaving Turn 11, look ahead to see the Start/Finish stand, a large white box on the side of the track. This will pull your eyes further down the track and help you look ahead.
Click here > GingerMan driving tips PDF to download.
Final words from our Chief Instructor:
Relax! Don’t worry too much about your top speed or laps times. This is a wonderful track with a great combination of twisty corners and straights, so concentrate on looking ahead and having fun. Guide the car, enjoy driving a real supercar on a real racetrack with a real professional instructor.
Ready to get on the track in Michigan? Click the reserve button below to book you Supercar Track Xperience today!