Gearing up for your Supercar Track Xperience on the Jefferson Circuit at Summit Point Raceway?
Summit Point Raceway is an amazing facility, that we are fortunate enough to visit often. Thankfully for us all, we get the opportunity to drive some of the world’s greatest supercars on the Jefferson Circuit, which is challenging for drivers of all skill levels.
Jefferson Circuit is a nine-turn, 1.12-mile (1.80 km) road course that was designed and built in 1996 by Bill Scott, as a dedicated course for high-performance driver training. Meaning it is both technical in high-speed maneuvering and braking. This is a course that demands constant attentiveness and smooth inputs from drivers. Don’t worry, we’ve got your covered.
How to speed your way from the parking lot through the finish line.
(Click titles to view/close)
Summit Point Motor Racing Circuit is located at 201 Motorsports Park Cir, Summit Point, WV 25446.
Enter Motorsports Park Circle, off of Summit Point Road (next to BSR Inc.). Follow Motorsports Park Circle to Jefferson Circuit Rd, veer left. This road is very windy, and you will pass multiple racetracks on each side.
Your reserved time is your Xtreme Xperience check-in time. Please be at our check-in tent at the time you reserved, and have your driver’s license out and ready. Reminder: Summit Point is in the Eastern timezone.
At Summit Point you must sign their liability waivers before you are able to park your vehicle; give yourself an extra 15 minutes for this process.
There are no fees to park at Summit Point.
At the end of Jefferson Circuit Rd is the sign-in area and parking lot. Please DO NOT park inside any garages or awning areas, as those are paid spots that Xtreme and Summit Point must have access to. Please follow our flags and parking signs and be courteous not to block in other guests.
Once parked, proceed to the Check-in area and have your driver’s license ready!
After checking in with Xtreme Xperience you will be asked to attend a driver’s briefing. This class begins at the 0:20 of every hour, and lasts around 25 minutes.
At Summit Point the driver’s classroom is indoors; inside the building across from check-in, where Restrooms can also be found. There will be signs.
As our program is always evolving and safety is always strengthening, it is required that every driver (no matter how many times you have enjoyed our program) attend the driver’s briefing. No exceptions.
*As long as there is room for all drivers to sit, friends and family are welcome in class. Please respect that this class is for the safety of the drivers, and while we encourage a family-friendly atmosphere Drivers MUST be able to both see and hear the instructor presentation. Please give up your seats for drivers, silence phones, and take noisy children out of the classroom area. We appreciate your cooperation.
FREE spectator viewing is available along the fence line at Summit Point or in the patio area near the Restrooms. There are some picnic tables available.
Any XX branded area after check-in is considered the “Pit” area and you will need a spectator pass.
VIP Pit Pass access ($10 per adult) provides closer spectator viewing in the pit area. Tented seating, close photo opportunities, and waters are included in the Pit Pass, but cannot be promised for free spectator areas. Kids 12 and under are FREE and must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Dogs are allowed but must be leashed 100% of the time, no exceptions.
We are a rain or shine experience so on average, our experiences are not postponed and refunds are not provided due to inclement weather (as long as track conditions remain safe). A day-of reschedule request is a $100 fee, unless we have postponed.
If we postpone an event you will be alerted via Email and text message and we have up to 12 months to provide a reschedule date at a track location close to you. Please visit our FAQ for more information on postponements or cancellations.
Conquering Jefferson Circuit – Like a Pro
Take it from our Lead Instructor, Brad Pines, who has spent a lot of time at this very track, and these are pro-tips you do not want pass up. By learning what queues and actions they recommend, we can guarantee that you will be fast and smooth on the track – starting with your 1st lap!
- Use the whole track through Turns 1-2-3. Be sure to get to the outside edge of the track to turn-in, back to the inside edge and green cone for the apex, then all the way back out at each of these three first turns.
- Roll on the gas gently on the straight. Be sure that your wheels are fully straight as you gently add gas to roar down the back straight.
- Off the gas at the LIFT cones and brake early for Turn 4. You don’t want to run out of track and wind up in the woods. Get off the gas at the two orange LIFT cones and get on the brakes early and hard for the 90 degree uphill Turn 4.
- Brake early for downhill Turn 5. You’ll be going fast, so hit the brakes early and hard and enter the downhill Turn 5 slowly.
- Get all the way outside to the edge for Turn 6. Get the car to the driver’s side edge of the track as you enter Turn 6, then turn sharply back toward the entry to the esses.
- Dance the car through Turns 7 and 8, the Esses. Don’t add too much gas, just follow the marked orange Turn-in and green Apex cones. Enjoy how your supercar handles the downhill twisties.
- Slow in, then fast out of Turn 9. Brake in a straight line along the right side to enter Turn 9, be patient on the gas then gradually feed in some throttle as you pass the green APEX cone on the left and enjoy the pit straight.
- Off the gas early, hard on the brakes for Turn 1. Be sure to LIFT off the throttle at the double orange cones. HARD on the brakes early before turning in for Turn 1. You do not want to run out of track!
Click to download PDF > Jefferson Circuit – Driving Tips
Final word from our Pro, Brad:
- Relax! Don’t worry too much about your top speed or lap times. This is a wonderful track with a great combination of twisty corners and straights, so concentrate on looking ahead, and having fun. Guide the car, enjoy driving a real supercar on a real racetrack with a real professional instructor.