Gearing up for your Supercar Track Xperience at Pittsburgh Int’l Race Complex?
Located 45 minutes north of downtown, Pittsburgh International Race Complex brings world-class racing, training, testing and spectating facilities to the region. There is simply no other motorsports destination in the area that delivers such an exciting variety of choices for enthusiasts. The 1.65 mile road course features 12 turns and a 1700-ft straight away.
How to speed your way from the parking lot through the finish line.
(click titles for descriptions)
Pittsburgh Int’l Race Complex is located at 201 Penndale Exd, Wampum, PA 16157
Your reserved time is your Xtreme Xperience Check-In time. Please be at our Check-In area at the time you reserved, and have your driver’s license and confirmation out and ready. We will accept your confirmation via paper form or on your mobile device. Reminder: Pitt Race is in Eastern Time Zone.
For XX Guests, there are no fees to park at Pitt Race All participants will be required to sign in at the Check-in post, prior to entering the facility.
Customer parking is available directly across from the Main Building. Please follow our flags and parking signs and remember not to block in other guests. Walking distance is about 30-50 yards from parking to our Check-In.
Any XX branded area after Check-In is considered the “Pit Area” and adults will need a spectator pass. VIP Pit Pass access ($10 per adult) provides closer spectator viewing in the pit area (kids 12 under are FREE but must be with an adult). Tented seating, bleachers, close photo opportunities, and waters are included in the Pit Pass, but cannot be promised for free spectator areas.
Drone usage is not permitted at PIRC.
After checking in you will attend a driver’s briefing which lasts around 25 minutes.
As our program is always evolving and safety is always strengthening, it is required that every driver (no matter how many times you have enjoyed our program) attend the driver’s briefing. No exceptions.
There are concessions but the hours vary. They may not be open during your event hours. We welcome you to bring your own food and drink (non-alcoholic). Waters are provided to Pit Pass holders
We are a rain or shine experience so on average, our experiences are not postponed and refunds are not provided due to inclement weather (as long as track conditions remain safe). A day-of reschedule request is a $100 fee, unless we have postponed.
If we postpone an event you will be alerted via Email and text message, and we have up to 12 months to provide a reschedule date at a track location close to you. Please visit our FAQ for more information on postponements or cancellations.
Conquering Pitt Race’s North Track – Like a Pro
Pitt Race is a great track for participants of any skill level. Ranging from the first timer to the capable track drivers who are looking to hone their skills on a safe and FAST moving track. By looking at the map above, you’ll notice that the track is laid out to help you experience all styles of turns and variants of cornering. Pitt Race is most popular for its frequent sections of high-speed straights, but you must prepare your eyes and hands for the upcoming corners, for when you drop your eyes, you will clumsily miss your apex. Our Chief Instructor, Brad Pines, is here to break down the track for you and give you the confidence you need to have a successful track day.
- Don’t be afraid of the ‘Blind Corner!’ The approach to Turn 7 is blind. Turn in from the outside (left) side of the track in one smooth turn of the wheel. Cross the track to the right and go all the way back to the inside edge of the track for the apex. Then turn and allow the car to flow back to the outside (left).
- Don’t drive too deep on the straights. PittRace features two long straights, but staying on the gas too long can put an unwary driver right off the track! This may hurt both the car and your wallet. Lift off the gas at the ‘lift-cones’ on both straights, then on the brakes hard at the first brake markers.
- Dance the car. The most fun you may have is at the beginning of each lap, dancing the car through the twisty turns 1 through 7. Don’t add too much gas, just guide the car with gentle, smooth hand on the wheel and enjoy your own supercar dancing session.
- Beware of Turn 1. The track dives down a bit going into Turn 1. Don’t get caught braking too late. Brake early and hard at the first brake marker, so you can be off the brakes and ready for the sharp left turn.
- Gentle on the gas through Turn 10. Leaving Turn 10, the track climbs in elevation, but don’t underestimate the kink of Turn 11. Only add gas as you slowly make the wheel straighter. Be sure to be right next to the apex (inside) of Turn 12 and let the car gently move to the right on the straight.
Watch: 3 laps in a Supercar at Pittsburgh Intl Race Complex’s North Track
Final Words from our Chief Instructor:
Relax! Don’t worry too much about your top speed or laps times. This is a wonderful track with a great combination of twisty corners and straights, so concentrate on looking ahead and having fun. Guide the car and enjoy driving a real supercar on a real racetrack with a real professional instructor…
It’s about time you checked “Drive a Supercar” off of your bucket list, isn’t it! Click the button below to find out when we’ll be at a track near you.