Your Track Day at NOLA awaits!
NOLA Motorsports Park is a home away from home for Xtreme. The circuit you will experience is a 1.8 mile track with 12 turns, and a 3,200 foot straightaway. Designed with challenge and safety in mind, NOLA recently hosted Indy Grand Prix of Louisiana in 2015, solidifying itself as a worthy racetrack for professional events.
NOLA’s gorgeous park offers everyone the ability to use the track for recreational or competitive use. Race fan, driver or racer, there’s a place for you.
Getting from NOLA’s paddock to your supercar, with speed
(Click titles to view/close)
At NOLA you must also sign a track waiver at the gate, and then make your way to the Event Center where you’ll check in with our team.
Drivers must wear closed-toed shoes (no sandals or heels). This event is outdoors with a covered pit. Though you may be covered we ALWAYS encourage that you dress for weather possibilities (heat or rain).
Proceed to the garage and have your driver’s license ready. Once checked in, it’s time for your driver’s briefing
As our program is always evolving and safety is always strengthening, it is required that every driver (no matter how many times you have enjoyed our program) attend the driver’s briefing. No exceptions.
*As long as there is room for all drivers to sit, friends and family are welcome in class. Please respect that this class is for the safety of the drivers, and while we encourage a family-friendly atmosphere Drivers MUST be able to both see and hear the instructor. Please silence phones and take noisy children out of the classroom area. Thank you for your understanding.
Turn-by-turn guide of NOLA Motorsports Park
NOLA offers some very unique features including, high speed “esses”, a 3,200 ft straight away, and a world-class event facility. Each driving package now requires drivers to take a warmup lap around the track where your instructor guide you through each turn, explaining how to navigate the track in your supercar.
Cal DeNyse breaks down each turn at NOLA
- First, when entering the track there is a long pit lane. Be sure not to speed while entering and exiting pit lane, there is plenty of time for throttle on this track.
- Second, is Turn 3. Turn 3 is very difficult for most drivers, as it’s a long right-hand turn with a very late apex. The best line through this turn will be to brake in a straight line, and turn in late. Hug the edge of the track on your left side, with your eyes looking through the turn to your right. The key to this turn is to be smooth with your throttle inputs, as it leads you onto the short straight before the “esses”.
- This leads us into one of the most important sections of the track, Turns 4 and 5. This part is key because it sets up your entire run through – what we call – the “esses” (back to back to back turns, making an “S” shape). Entry is important for this section, and you want to start on the right and then hold it there, as you will be turning in later – despite what your instincts might be telling you. Keep this mindset of ‘a later entry’ through the rest of this section, and it will result in quicker speeds.
- As you exit the “esses”, we approach the final section of the track Turns 9-12. They are much slower than the rest of the track, so you’ll need to exercise patience here, as you’re almost back to the main straight! Turn 9 is the most important turn for those who have never driven at NOLA before. Once again, a late turn in is the preferred line. As you exit the turn, stay to your right as much a possible, so you will be ready for the entry into Turn 10, which hooks back to your left. As you exit turn 10, notice that this is where pit entry is. Remember this on your last lap, as this is how you exit the track.
- From here, all that is left is to just enjoy the fastest straight, of all of the tracks we visit. All 3,200 feet of it!
Cal’s Final Words of Advice:
- Be sure to always listen to your instructor. The best way to see and feel what it is like to drive this track properly is with one of our professional driving instructors; it is equally as fast as it is challenging, for all skill levels.
You’re not going to pass up this chance to get on the track at NOLA, are you?
Click the button below to schedule your Supercar Track Xperience today.