Gearing up for your Supercar Track Xperience at Gateway?
Gateway Motorsports Park is located in Madison, Illinois, just across the river from St. Louis. The NASCAR-style oval connects to an infield road course which allows drivers to experience both sections of the track. Drivers build speed around the oval before entering the road course where they face a variety of exciting corners. This track is the perfect way to experience the race-inspired handling and powerful speed and acceleration of a rare exotic car.
How to speed your way from the parking lot through the finish line.
(click titles to view/close)
We ask that you arrive 1 hour before your ride/drive time for our registration and instruction process.
Gateway Motorsports Park is located at 700 Raceway Blvd, Madison, IL 62060.
Your reserved time is your Xtreme Xperience check-in time. Please be in our check-in room at the time you reserved, and have your driver’s license out and ready. Reminder: Gateway is in the Central time zone.
At Gateway you must sign their liability waivers before you are able to park your vehicle; give yourself an extra 15 minutes for this process.
Parking is FREE. Please DO NOT park in the garages or awning areas, as those are paid spots that Xtreme and Gateway must have access to. Once you’ve parked, proceed to the Check-in building (to the right of concessions) and have your driver’s license ready!
FREE spectator viewing is available along the fence line at Gateway. We do not have bleacher or grandstand access.
Any XX branded area after check-in is considered the “Pit” area and you will need a spectator pass.
VIP Pit Pass access ($10 per adult) provides closer spectator viewing in the pit area. Tented seating, close photo opportunities, and waters are included in the Pit Pass, but cannot be promised for free spectator areas. Kids 12 and under are FREE and must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Dogs are allowed but must be leashed 100% of the time, no exceptions.
After checking in with Xtreme Xperience you will be asked to attend a driver’s briefing. This class begins at the 0:20 of every hour, and lasts around 25 minutes.
At Gateway the driver’s classroom is indoors; inside the same building as check-in. There will be signs.
As our program is always evolving and safety is always strengthening, it is required that every driver (no matter how many times you have enjoyed our program) attend the driver’s briefing. No exceptions.
*As long as there is room for all drivers to sit, friends and family are welcome in class. Please respect that this class is for the safety of the drivers, and while we encourage a family-friendly atmosphere Drivers MUST be able to both see and hear the instructor presentation. Please give up your seats for drivers, silence phones, and take noisy children out of the classroom area. We appreciate your cooperation.
If we postpone an event you will be alerted via Email and text message and we have up to 12 months to provide a reschedule date at a track location close to you. Please visit our FAQ for more information on postponements.
Conquering Gateway Motorsports Park – Like a Pro
- As you approach turn 1 stay to the right side, about a car length away from the wall. Get all of your braking done before you turn in and don’t brake during the turn.
- Turn 2 is a late Apex, so stay all the way to the right side of the track and get deep before you turn in.
- Roll into the throttle as you exit turn 2 onto the short straight. Next you’ll enter the turn 3 left/right esses. Maintain your speed and wait to accelerate until you exit the esses.
- Turn 4 is a left kink and also a set up turn for 5 and 6. This means if you take turn 4 correctly then you’ll be set up well for turn 5 and 6. So this is the turn to give up speed and just get right. You’ll start your turn in from the middle of the track and exit in a straight line aiming for your Apex cone.
- Turn 5/6 is known as the carousel and is a decreasing radius turn, this means the exit will be tighter than the entry. Keep the car all the way to the left side of the track and reduce your speed before making your turn, you won’t gain anything by carry too much speed.
- Be patient in turn 7 as it’s a 180 degree turn with a very late apex. It will be slow in but fast out as you exit to the back straight and NASCAR 3/4.
Watch: 3 laps in a Supercar at Gateway Motorsports Park
Final words from our lead instructor:
NASCAR 3/4 is a lot of fun to drive with two main lines available. One option is to get all the way to the bottom of the track and follow the inside line all the way around. This is also the shortest distance. Another option is to enter in the third lane up from the bottom of the track and “fall down the hill” and bring the car to the bottom of the track as you exit onto the straight. Regardless of the line you choose, don’t look at the wall when you enter the main straight…the car goes where your eyes go.
Ready to get on the track in St. Louis? Click the reserve button below to book you Supercar Track Xperience today!