Are you ready for your Supercar Track Xperience at Blackhawk Farms Raceway?
Blackhawk Farms Raceway is a 1.95 mile, 7 turn private circuit racetrack located in South Beloit, Illinois on 216 acres. The track is on the border between Wisconsin and Illinois, within 90 miles of two major metropolitan areas; Chicago and Milwaukee and minutes from interstate 90. We LOVE this track because it’s an exciting, scenic track that has been a staple of the Xtreme Xperience. The track offers many fun challenges like a high-speed kink, an uphill sweeper, and 100+ MPH braking. Get ready for the thrill of a lifetime, in a supercar!
Here’s your guide to get you from the parking lot to the pits of Blackhawk Farms Raceway
(Click on titles to view/close)
At Blackhawk Farms you must also sign a track waiver at the gate, and the gate opens every 7-10 minutes to let groups through. Please budget an extra 15 mins for yourself to do this.
Drivers must wear closed-toed shoes (no sandals or heels). This event is outdoors (no covered pit). Though we provide tented areas we ALWAYS encourage that you dress for weather possibilities (cold, heat or rain).
Proceed to the large black & white XX Check-in tents and have your driver’s license ready!
As our program is always evolving and safety is always strengthening, it is required that every driver (no matter how many times you have enjoyed our program) attend the driver’s briefing. No exceptions.
*As long as there is room for all drivers to sit, friends and family are welcome in class. Please respect that this class is for the safety of the drivers, and while we encourage a family-friendly atmosphere Drivers MUST be able to both see and hear the instructor. Please silence phones and take noisy children out of the classroom area. Thank you for your understanding.
VIP Pit Pass access ($15 per adult) provides closer spectator viewing in the pit area. Tented seating, close photo opportunities, and waters are included in the Pit Pass, but cannot be promised for free spectator areas. Kids 10 and under are FREE.
Turn-by-Turn Guide of Blackhawk Farms Raceway
Cal DeNyse breaks down each turn at BFR
The best way to go fast around this track is always see it before you drive it. We offer this opportunity to anyone who attends an XX event, by hopping into our lead cars for a High Speed Ride-Along in our track prepped Mitsubishi EVO’s. If you decide you want to skip out on the ride of a lifetime, and go straight to the driver’s seat, I’ve got you covered.
- First, let’s start with entering the track. There will be a painted line, known as the blend line, to your left that you do not want to cross. This will help ensure a safe entry onto the track. at the end of this line you will now be on the track and you will be at turn one. Turn 1 is pretty simple, just turn right and track out left and then look ahead for the turn 2 complex. The best way for a new student to get through here quickly is get to the right side of the track as you approach turn 2 and then look for the apex on the second half of the turn. Looking way down the track is important here, and will help make a smooth arc for the double left hand turn here that becomes one if you do it correctly.
- As you exit turn 2, you will want to get as far to the left side of the track as possible for your braking zone into turn 3. Turn 3 is a place that a lot of people want to just hug the inside of the turn the entire way. If you are nervous on the track and it is your first time, there is nothing wrong with this. However, the correct line is to let the car track out wide left throughout the turn and by holding a constant radius the entire way through, you will end up perfectly in the middle of the chicane that is at the top of the hill. Aim for the apex on the left side of the chicane and as soon as you pass this you will be hard on the brakes preparing for the slowest turn on the track.
- This is technically not a numbered turn, but we will call it 3D for now. Turn 3D will require lots of self control, as you will immediately be turning back to your left after this turn. This means that you will want a late turn in for 3A to set you up on the right side of the track for left hand turn approaching. If you go too fast into 3D, you will have a hard time getting the car into position for the next turn, which results in a slower lap time. Be patient and turn in late, as well as calm and not over drive into the turn.
- As you exit the left hand turn following turn 3D, you will track out wide right down the short straight before turn 4. Turn 4 is quick, but you will need to brake before it, and be careful as you track out since the edge of the track has a very aggressive berm. Follow the right edge of the track down until you get to the emergency cut through road and where it begins is your turn in for turn 5. Turn 5 is a high speed turn, so be as smooth as possible though this turn. Track out wide right before transferring back to your left for the braking zone for turn 6.
- Turn 6 requires once again, a hard braking. Approach this turn on the left, apex right, and then track back out left. As you hold out left, briefly straighten your wheel before turning in for the second half of the turn. This sets you up for the long back straight, so be sure to focus on this turn.
- Coming down the back straight, you will have a slight kink to your right. We encourage everyone to lift before taking this very high speed turn so give the car a neutral balance. As you track out to your left exiting the kink, you are now closing in on the final turn, Turn 7. Hard braking is a must here, and a late apex will help you get off of this turn with a good launch down the front straight to start your next lap.
Have fun out on the track, and be sure to ask your instructor about any specifics about the track before you get out there.
Watch as Xtreme Instructor guides you around each turn of the track.
Are you ready to drive a supercar on a REAL racetrack?
Book your Xtreme Xperience, by clicking the button below.