Gearing up for your Supercar Track Xperience at Autobahn Country Club?
The Autobahn Country Club (ACC) in Joliet, IL, is a short cruise (45 minutes) from downtown Chicago. Designed by famed Racetrack architect, Alan Wilson, ACC’s North Track is 1.46 miles long with a total of 9 turns, a 1,237 ft straightaway, elevation changes, perfect racing curbing and a high-quality track surface.
The ACC has become a home away from home for us, and it’s a track we treat as our own. This is a track that runs fast, and offers a bit of everything; from great scenery to technical turns that will challenge your eyes and driving skills on the track. With the supercars’ capabilities and fast moving track, there is great reason to review this how-to-guide, in order to stay safe and have fun at the Autobahn.
How to speed your way from the parking lot through the finish line.
(click titles for descriptions)
Autobahn Country Club is located at 3795 Centerpoint Way, Joliet, IL 60436
Your reserved time is your Xtreme Xperience Check-In time. Upon arrival, guests will first check-in with Autobahn Country Club then processed past the cafe and round-about to check-in with XX. Please be at our Check-In area at the time you reserved, and have your driver’s license and confirmation out and ready. We will accept your confirmation via paper form or on your mobile device. Reminder: Autobahn Country Club is in Central Time Zone.
***Please notes that all participants at Autobahn Country Club must be 18 years or older to both ride or drive.
Any XX branded area after Check-In is considered the “Pit Area” and adults will need a spectator pass. VIP Pit Pass access ($10 per adult) provides closer spectator viewing in the pit area (kids 12 under are FREE but must be with an adult). Tented seating, bleachers, close photo opportunities, and waters are included in the Pit Pass, but cannot be promised for free spectator areas.
Drone usage/ aerial footage is not permitted.
After checking in you will attend a driver’s briefing that lasts around 25 minutes, which will be located on the second floor of the tower within a short walking distance from check-in.
As our program is always evolving and safety is always strengthening, it is required that every driver (no matter how many times you have enjoyed our program) attend the driver’s briefing. No exceptions.
Autobahn Country Club concessions will be open daily until 3 p.m. XX provides complimentary waters to all guests and we welcome you to bring your own food and drink (non-alcoholic).
We are a rain or shine experience so on average, our experiences are not postponed and refunds are not provided due to inclement weather (as long as track conditions remain safe). A day-of reschedule request is a $100 fee, unless we have postponed.
If we postpone an event you will be alerted via Email and text message, and we have up to 12 months to provide a reschedule date at a track location close to you. Please visit our FAQ for more information on postponements or cancellations.
Conquering Autobahn Country Club – Like a Pro
This track is one that can be visualized, especially if you are able to grasp the picture, our professional instructors are trying to paint. By focusing in on their Pro-Tips for driving this track, you will have an understanding of why we say, ACC is fast, but safe and fun for a supercar driving experience – and they’ll even make it XTREME!
- After leaving pit lane, the first turn to focus on is TURN TWO, which is a hard right-hand turn. Listen to your instructor carefully here. It is a slow turn and a late one. This is your first chance to build trust with your instructor, and if you listen well here, and turn in late with a slow entry speed, the rest will come easy. This turn leads onto a short straight, which will be your first chance to experience your car’s immense power. – Cal DeNyse
- Picture the letter S as you drive through TURN FOUR and TURN FIVE. This section is most commonly referred to as the “Esses”. Let the car flow from the right edge of the track exiting turn four around to the left as you enter Turn Five, then turn right toward the green apex cone at the inside of turn five and let the car flow back to the outside of the track. – Bradley Pines
- This tends to be the place on the track that sets good drivers, apart from the great drivers. It is not the speed going through the turns, it’s the movement of the wheel through the turns. – Cal DeNyse
- From here you accelerate down a straight away and into TURN SIX. One of the hardest turns on the North Track for novice drivers. Like turn two, it’s a hard right. Your biggest takeaway is to turn as late as possible, and a little slower than what you’d expect. Your speed down the straightaway leading to this turn makes many people forget what slow really is. When you think it is time to turn, wait even longer, and you are still probably early. It takes a lot of discipline to do this turn correctly, so listen to your instructor closely. – Cal DeNyse
- After another straight, and a left-handed turn (TURN SEVEN), you will be facing pit entrance. Be sure to note where it is located so, at the end of your session, you will know how to exit the track.
- As you make one big arc through TURN EIGHT and TURN NINE, let the wheel gradually get straighter and slowly add gas with your toes. If you have any hope of going fast, you have to patient here. Coordinate your slow-moving hands on the wheel with your toes on the gas, and you’ll have a much higher top speed on the front straight. Then, ready yourself again for turn two’s reappearance and a pop quiz! – Brad and Cal
Three Laps in a Lamborghini at Autobahn CC:
Final Word from Our Instructors:
With these Pro-Tips, you’ll get around Autobahn’s North track, quickly and safely. Don’t forget that your instructor will be in the right seat, guiding you with the same principles outlined above. Lastly, just relax! Don’t worry too much about your top speed or laps times. This is a wide track with great visibility, so concentrate on looking ahead and having fun. Guide the car and enjoy driving a real supercar on a real racetrack with a real professional instructor.
Ready to cross “Drive a Supercar” off of your bucket list?
Click the button below to find an event near you.