Are you ready for your Supercar Track Xperience at Charlotte Motor Speedway?
Here’s your guide to get you from the parking lot to the pits of CMS.
*Please note that this is general information in an effort to help you have the best track day. As every track facility and layout is different, some of this information may not be exact.
(Click on titles to view/close)
Charlotte Motor Speedway is located at 555 Concord Pkwy S, Concord, NC 28027.
Your reserved time is your Xtreme Xperience Check-In time. Upon arrival guests will first check-in with Charlotte Motor Speedway, following the main entrance signs to “Gate #26 Infield Tunnel Entrance” then proceed to check-in with XX. Please be at our Check-In area at the time you reserved, and have your driver’s license and confirmation out and ready. We will accept your confirmation via paper form or on your mobile device.
Reminder: Charlotte Motor Speedway is in Eastern Time Zone.
For XX Guests, there are no fees to park at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
Any XX branded area after Check-In is considered the “Pit Area” and adults will need a spectator pass. VIP Pit Pass access ($10 per adult) provides closer spectator viewing in the pit area (kids 12 under are FREE but must be with an adult). Tented seating, bleachers, close photo opportunities, and waters are included in the Pit Pass, but cannot be promised for free spectator areas.
Drone usage/ aerial footage is not permitted.
After checking in you will attend a driver’s briefing class located inside the Media Building in the Theater Room, that lasts around 25 minutes, within a short walking distance from check-in.
As our program is always evolving and safety is always strengthening, it is required that every driver (no matter how many times you have enjoyed our program) attend the driver’s briefing. No exceptions.
Drivers must wear closed-toed shoes (no sandals or heels). As this event is outdoors (no covered pit); though we provide tented areas we ALWAYS encourage that you dress for weather possibilities (heat, cold, or rain).
We are a rain or shine experience so on average, our experiences are not postponed and refunds are not provided due to inclement weather (as long as track conditions remain safe). A day-of reschedule request is a $100 fee, unless we have postponed.
If we postpone an event you will be alerted via Email and text message, and we have up to 12 months to provide a reschedule date at a track location close to you. Please visit our FAQ for more information on postponements or cancellations.
Turn-by-Turn Guide of CMS
Charlotte Motor Speedway, home to the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race, has just opened up its new infield road course. With the most recent changes to this track, it is full of hair-raising turns mixed with elevation changes that will be sure to excite drivers of all skill. Here are a few tips to getting around this track quickly.
- The common theme for this track is slow entry. Most of the turns are deceiving, and going too fast on entry will only slow you down. Don’t rush your turn-in either. The turns here are tight, and an early turn-in prevents you from being able to carry your momentum through the turn. Some specific parts on the track to pay extra attention to are turns 4, 5, and 8.
- Turns 4 and 5 need to be addressed together, as turn 5 (T5) relies heavily on how you go through turn 4 (T4). As you approach T4, you will want to get as far to the right as possible. Your braking for this turn will be quick, yet hard, slowing the car down significantly. As you turn in, move your eyes towards your turn-in cone placed for T5. This will help allow the car to float out towards the right as you exit and not keep it pinched in left.
- T5 is very dependent on getting through T4 and tracking outright instead of holding the car in tight. When done properly, it requires very little input into the wheel. Getting through this turn properly is rewarding, and allows you to get in the throttle early to maximize your speed heading to T6.
- As you exit turns 6 and 7, which are treated as one right-hand turn, you will exit left and head up the hill to T8. This is a fast, fun turn, that has a crest as you apex. With the crest being there, you can’t see your track out point when you turn-in. My advice to you, take it slow your first time until you know where to place the car, or go for a ride around the track before you drive to get a feel for it. There will be a firm braking zone as you climb the hill to T8, which is the easy part. Turning in to your apex takes a little bit of skill, but the hardest part is the blind exit downhill. Because you are traveling downhill, your front end grip will be less, so rolling in your throttle here is more important than ever.
- After T8, get ready for the front straight that brings you back past our pit entrance and is the highest speed section of this track. On your last lap, this will change slightly, as we will take the extension off to your left and stage the cars before returning to pit lane. This is a great chance to talk to your instructor and learn ways to improve for your next session.
Watch a video of 3 laps in a supercar at Charlotte Motor Speedway
Are you ready to Xperience a Supercar at Charlotte Motor Speedway?
Click below to reserve